Monday, February 16, 2009

Getting Started



Getting started. Even though it has been a year since I launched into this venture (whitenightproductions.com), I continue to learn new and effective ways to let the world know about what I am doing and how they might tap into the great resource I can provide.



Today I am discovering in more depth the world of the Internet and things like "twittering" and "blogging". I hope that as I learn to use these tools that I might be able to be more effective in marketing my services and convincing people of my capability.


"Using Video to Sustain Transformational Change"



Video and photography is such a powerful tool for connecting people to experiences that have had a deep personal impact on them. We all know this because we experience it every day when we look at old photographs or watch those 'highlight' tapes of our childhood or youthhood. We instantly go back to those moments in time and reconnect to them. We can remember the feelings, the smells and even the sounds associated with the moment. So, if this tool is so powerful, why would a team or leader want to use it to capture the transformational moments when she/he and the team made significant commitments to each other about how they would work together to achieve their highest level of performance and personal fulfillment?



Capturing these moments shouldn't be left in the hands of just anyone. If you really what to have an impact that will sustain the change that has occurred, then you need to be sure that the videographer/photographer knows what to look for when he is observing and filming the events/activities that are bringing about this change. As one who has spent 25+ years designing team development interventions and experiential learning opportunities for leaders, I know what to expect and can anticipate what will happen in most experiential learning situations that your team will go through. This enables me to be sure to capture the key moments of change that the 'every day' videographer, no matter how professionally skilled, would miss. But having captured these moments I can provide a tool and the means by which a team can reconnect to these critical moments in their development and use them in much the same way that a sports term uses 'game tapes' to understand their strengths and the actions they will take to achieve their full potential.




1 comment:

Kait said...

This is awesome. Good work so far!